Our sole focus at Monuments is residential treatment for youth. We don’t use outpatient programs or extended care facilities. Our young people are with us from 10 to 12 months in most cases, living in our beautiful Parowan lodge and getting better every day.
Here’s more about why we feel residential treatment is the best solution for a troubled teenager.
What is residential treatment?
Residential treatment programs are a step up in care and focus for youth with emotional and behavioral problems. Students live outside of their home in a facility where they can be supervised, monitored, and engaged with by trained staff at all times.
These programs are sometimes critical for adolescents whose health may be at risk should they continue to live at home in their community at this point in their lives. These programs are helpful for adolescents who haven’t responded to outpatient treatments, are having difficulty with their local schools, or are in need of more intensive treatment.
What do residential treatment programs usually provide?
- A comprehensive evaluation to assess emotional, behavioral, medical, educational, and social needs, and support these needs safely.
- An Individualized Treatment Plan that puts into place interventions that help the adolescent attain these goals.
- Individual and group therapy.
- Psychiatric care coordinated by an adolescent psychiatrist.
- Involvement of the child’s family or support system. These programs encourage and provide opportunities for family therapy and contact through on-site visits, home passes, video chats, telephone calls, and other communication options.
- These centers provide nonviolent and predictable ways to help youth with emotional and behavioral issues. There is no physical punishment, manipulation, or intimidation.
Our residential treatment home
Monuments lodge and main campus is situated on over 160 acres of beautiful alpine forest and it is surrounded by thousands of acres of stunning public land. We are located outside Parowan, Utah. Our mountain location, coupled with state-of-the-art technology and diverse educational offerings provides our students with the ideal environment for therapeutic healing and heuristic learning.
Do you have questions about residential treatment? Call Monuments at (800) 559-1980 and let’s talk about your teenager and how we can help.